A Yelper's "10 Things to Know" about Planet Fitness
- on Yelp
- They offer a $10/month membership. Just pay a $20 initiation fee and you're good to go! If you upgrade to the $20month package, you can workout at any location, tan for free and get 50% off all drinks.
- The locker rooms are tidy and they're equipped with showers and blowdryers.
- You get a free shirt after signing up for a membership. Not that I need any more t-shirts...
- Cardio machines EVERYWHERE - predominantly new and predominantly Life Fitness. A steady diet of the Precor elliptical gives the best glutes in my opinion (because you can control the grade), but the Life Fitness machines are also very capable, especially if you slightly lean forward.
- Tons of free weights and machine weights! Women are always hogging the adductor/abductor machines (tip: squats and lunges are much more effective) but if they're your thing, Planet Fitness has two of each of those.
- Plenty of free parking.
- Membership includes unlimited fitness training, which is like having a semi-personal trainer, but in a group setting (grab a schedule!). It's a solid way to learn good form, anyway.
- They're open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
- They bill themselves as a 'judgement-free zone'. No one looks like they're going to the club, grunting is discouraged and I didn't catch one whiff of eau de meat market.
- C'mon, people - it's only TEN DOLLARS A MONTH!
Thanks for sharing this fantastic list, Jelena! Our members are #1 on our list!
Planet Fitness provides a comfortable, friendly place to exercise where all our Austin members can feel accepted and respected. Call us today at (512) 282-0003 for more information.